Trutino Biosciences is a research-driven biopharmaceutical company with a mission to restore immuno-balance in cancer patients by developing the next generation cytokine therapies that can safely activate tumor-fighting immune cells at the disease site without causing adverse side effects. Trutino’s proprietary On-Demand-Cytokine (ODC) platform technology enables the design of therapeutic candidates that can be systemically delivered in an inactive form and be locally activated directly at the tumor site, thereby avoiding the extreme toxicity of conventional cytokine therapies, and potentially improving efficacy either as a single agent or in combination with other treatment modalities.
We are seeking a Research Scientist with strong cancer immunology experience, who can focus on driving innovative, new approaches in drug discovery. The successful applicant will be responsible for shaping and executing on the strategy around the use of novel platforms to improve our ability to rapidly develop and validate zytokine (inactive cytokines) and zymokine (inactive chemokines) candidates based on Trutino’s On Demand Cytokine Platform technology.
A deep technical background and exceptional communication skills are needed for this position, as well as an excellent ability to build external relationships. This position requires someone who can write and present manuscripts, works well under minimal supervision and will be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Interact with internal scientists and external investigators
• Discover and validate immunology targets, elucidate mechanisms of disease and drug action, and grow the company’s immunotherapy pipeline.
• Plan and execute experiments to evaluate and optimize current candidates, validate lead candidates in in vitro assays and preclinical models.
• Plan and coordinate in vivo efficacy, PK and PD studies with local CRO. Prior knowledge of syngeneic and humanized models in immuno-oncology setting a plus. Prior experience with flow cytometry preferred.
• Develop new solutions to activate immune-pathways mediating anti-cancer immune response
• Manage collaborations with academic and clinical thought leaders to access state of the art expertise and technologies that drive innovative ways to drug discovery
• Represent the company at meetings and to potential collaborators
• Interact with multiple partners in a matrix environment
• A PhD in Immunology, Cell Biology or related areas and post-doctoral experience (3+ years) required.
• A minimum of 4 years’ experience in Immunology in either an academic, institutional or industrial setting. Immuno-oncology experience in drug discovery setting preferred.
• Expertise in innate and adaptive immunity with focus on cancer immunology.
• Demonstrated productivity during graduate and/or post-doc training, with clear evidence of peer-reviewed publications in top tier journals.
• Ability to organize and communicate complex data sets in a clear and concise manner.
• Candidate should be hands-on, a strong team player with excellent oral and written communication skills and with a demonstrated ability to move projects forward and plan next steps with minimal supervision.
Preferred Experience and Skills
• Ability to actively contribute scientifically to immunotherapy drug discovery research programs, including identification and validation of novel targets.
• Review scientific literature and stay abreast of discoveries in immunotherapy field.
• Ability to represent research team and communicate goals/deliverables to senior management
• Prior experience either working with or leading collaborations with external academic, biotechnology, and contract research organizations.
• Experience in mentoring and/or leading PhD level and non-PhD level scientists.
• Industry experience highly preferred.
Trutino Biosciences is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.